5.14.2008

How you treat me so fine.

I went to Pennywise/Strung Out last night. By far, the LOUDEST thing I have heard in the Sunshine in forever. Ears are ringing this morning (which is rare. This fact scares me a bit…). I was pretty surprised at the turnout, too. I was expecting 300 tops and I think the theater was close to capacity. I was pretty excited to hear PW play Brohymn, to feel like I was 15 again, watching Middle Class freaking ROCK out, but I ended up leaving halfway through their set to grab flyers for the May 30 show. I tried flyering, something I haven’t done in a LONG time, but I looked at 90% of the crowd and went “I highly doubt you will come to a local ska show. But moreso, what are you doing HERE?” Seriously, BROFEST 2008. And then it made sense… Brohymn = bros. OH. OKAY.

I spent most of the show in the thick of the crowd, on or near the barricade. I was a little proud of my nearly-24 year old self, for taking all that force, the kind of compactness that only sweaty bodies can produce. As I’ve said, my fancy-pants job has made me want nothing more than to be a kid again. So, it was nice to have a night of punk rock again. But, no lies, do I ever feel it this morning.

I guess it was my pregame for RANCID ON JULY FIRST. SO HAPPY.

Grandma sold her house. This is fantastic for her, it was a huge weight on her shoulders. I hope that now she can just relax a little bit and enjoy her new surroundings. Her new, very, very, very flat surroundings. I’m sad to see that house go. That was my first home, I lived there for about a year before my parents bought land in Edgewood. And it holds a lot of memories for me. I hope the person who bought it will love it as much as I did. It’s got a lot to love.

The other lame thing about the house selling and Grandma moving is that now, all holiday gatherings will be held in Pampa Texas. Gag my face.

Maria fell in love with a kitty and wants to bring it home. I’m sure it’s an adorable lady cat. Looks like my room will soon be a quarantine zone so that my boyfriend will still be able to come over.

I have some happy news to report. White peacoat of love has been located at mom’s house. Thank you, dear sweet baby Jesus!

I think today is nostalgia day. Rain always gets me thinking that way. So, I highly suggest listening to something you used to love, but magically forgot about. Think real hard about it, now. For me, it’s Oasis day. What’s the story, morning glory? The story is we’re going to need a lot more rain than this or momma’s trailer is gonna get blowed away!

No comments: