5.21.2008

Fact can be arranged.


I find myself in familiar places lately. I let myself get away with things that would have only happened four years ago. My current state would never agree to it. I'm putting myself in environments of comfort, as opposed to forcing myself to change. It's not nearly as big of a deal as that sounds, I'm just sort of enjoying letting myself be a confused 20 year old again, listening to the same old Jimmy Eat World song over and over again, reading back blogs from when that song was still fresh. It's no secret I've got some major issues with Cat current life placement, most of those issues I haven't really figured out how to combat. But recently, it's been easy to let myself forget about them.

But more than that, the time period I've found myself indulging in wasn't exactly prime form for me, either. Maybe it's because I was there, I did it, succeeded, made it out a better person, that I makes being there so rewarding, so easy. Or maybe I never really made it out and letting myself dive back into it is all just a grand distraction.

I know that doesn't make much sense... trust me I know. I guess the huge question is, when's the right time to leave, to move on?

Hey, remember when we voted George W. Bush to be the president twice? I guess all things really are possible in a free society.

I really cannot express just how excited I am for Rancid. Watching a band that you truly love, just completely and totally, is hands down, the most satisfying feeling in my life. I just cannot stop smiling when I think about it, like this beckon of hope and light on the horizon. And to think, first listens to NEW material. My only disapointment is that the Aggrolites will be playing all dates of Warped Tour, so any chance of hearing Tim Armstrong solo is next to nothing.

Plans to go to New York for 5 nights of Rancid are coming along, even though 2 shows are already sold out. This is what eBay is for. Time off from work has been secured.


I'm sure everyone who reads this already knows about Geeks Who Drink, but just in case you don't, it rules. It's really kind of cute the way I play on a team, that's more or less exactly the same every week at the same place. Like it's tournament basketball or something. But I really do look forward to it every week, it's a great way to spend a few hours. And I get to learn all kinds of things I never really needed to know. It makes you a fantastic dinner party guest. One key team member will be missing this week, as Tall, Awkward Boyfriend is in Arizona taking care of some grandma stuff til Sunday. Whatever shall I do with my lunch breaks?!?

Today is dragging. I tended bar last night in the El Rey and despite still getting 7 hours of sleep, I'm still completely drained. The thing about bartending in the El Rey is nothing is built in, no bar guns. So, all mixers live in cans and bottles, it's a lot to carry. I took down that bar in record time last night, but it left me exhausted.

No comments: