5.12.2008

Tacos.

I spent the last few days house sitting in the south north valley (if that makes any sense) caring for a gaggle of canines. Such a good thing for me, I miss my dog so much that any kind of dog interaction turns me cheerful.


This is Cedric. I re-named him Captain Bighead.


I love that part of town so, so much. Something about the dirt, maybe. It's much finer than in the rest of the city. And all those old houses with their miss-matched rooms. People hang out on their porches. I heard a quince happening a few blocks away. Truthfully, it's pretty much the hardest place in ABQ to find a house because no one sells them there. They stay in the families for as long as possible.

I think I just love Albuquerque so much in general. But town, you're hurting my feelings. You know that, don't you? If I ever work up the courage to leave and get to Oklahoma, I guarantee I'll find the one Mexican neighborhood in the state and live there.


Probably my new, favorite part of working downtown is that they've started turning on the fountain in Civic Plaza. So, I can sit, enjoy my lunch, and watch water run down cement. My boyfriend comes to visit me for lunch a lot, since I don't see him much any other time. His school schedule is pretty much the opposite of my work schedule.

I've decided I want this:

And am now saving for it feverishly.

It's been a while since I've done this. But here's one of those flyer things.

1 comment:

ingenuelle said...

I'm so glad you had fun house sitting for us. Captain Bighead and his crew miss you. I can't say think you enough. :)