10.27.2008

Chuck Norris doesn't grow up.

Ended up getting massively upset over working this weekend, after having to miss a haunted corn maize, the zoo, and a speech from the democratic nominee for President. Sad, SAD lady writing this blog.

Work on Friday was nice, I've coming to realize I enjoy a good bluegrass band every now and then. Spirit was ridiculous on Saturday, just wall-to-wall people. After five hours of retailing, I managed the El Rey for Django Fest, which actually proved to be problematic. European musicians don't understand the basic concept that actually they need to pay for alcohol and not steal inventory out of coolers. Also, the bar was upstairs. I probably staired it about 50 times. Cavs are still burning as I type. And finally, I couldn't get the day off from Spirit on Sunday. Despite my boyfriend's pleas that I just not go to work, I was there; groggy and disenchanted. As soon as I got off from there, I headed up to the East Mountains for Kyle's birthday celebration with his family. We had a camp fire outside, and while enchanting, it made for a late night and I am dearly paying for it this morning. But, you know, it's the least I can do; lose a little sleep over my boyfriend's birthday. (He got these for his birthday. I bought these.)

It's just been a while since I had some good old fashioned time off. It's really starting to wear on me. I'm sure most people I know will attest to the fact that I have not been pleasant these past few weeks. But, the end is near. I only have 3 more shifts at Spirit: today, tomorrow and Thursday. After that, only a week more of office work. It worked out that I'll be treating myself to a small scale vacation soon after, as the Anderbenmans and I are going to Tempe for B-Folds on Veteran's Day (no finer way than celebrating our soldiers than listening to "Army"). And after that... nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I can't decide whether or not I like the light at the end of the tunnel. It's there, I see it, but it's really scary; the thought of not having a job. Like I said, I'll still be getting paid until January and if I really must, I can file for unemployment. But I feel like there's too many question marks, too many what if's, and it makes me very anxious, especially given the status of the economy right now. I can't get a job. I've applied for probably 20 positions, most of which I'm qualified for, and I can't even get a call back. It's frustrating and it makes me feel helpless. I don't like being here, in limbo. I hate you, limbo.

Trying hard to be optimistic. I know this'll all work out and everything will fall into place soon. I'm exploring lots of options about possible certifications I could get, mostly in counseling/social work. But, being an adult doesn't feel all that rewarding right now.

Maybe Natalie Portman and Rashida Jones are right. Puppies.

No comments: