9.17.2008

Fall asleep next to me.

Yesterday, at THE JOB I CAN'T BLOG ABOUT, I got a lecture on phone etiquette.

A woman called, said her peace, and I hung up the phone. She called back about a minute later and told me that she felt like I was too aggressive when I hung up the phone. In fact, she believed I SLAMMED DOWN the receiver. I did no such thing, didn't even think to when the call was over. So I, completely baffled, told her I meant no disrespect in the action and that I was simply hanging up on a call that was completed. She asked me if I was normally so aggressive when ending calls and that "if it left such a bad taste in my mouth, I'm sure other callers are upset too". When I told her it was the first time I'd received a complaint on the matter, she ignored me then lectured me on manners and how important it was that I be proper since I am acting as a representative of a very important thing/cause/person.

So, revenge of the retired high school guidance counselor. Be more passive when hanging up the phone, Cat.

No comments: