8.04.2008

16 pounds of boost.

Summerfest is a giant quince. But with crackheads. Who dance suggestively. When one of those crackheads tried to hip-thrust at me, my boyfriend put his El Rey security experience into good use and puffed up like a blow fish. Kyle puffing up is about the cutest thing ever.

In other boyfriend-related news, he played his first show with Flood the Sun on Friday. And while he sort of throws off the height average of the band (he does that with everything, though), I think he's sort of in love with that band. They're sort of in love with him too.

The department of Cinematic Arts at UNM sent out a letter asking for information on what their graduates are doing with their degree. While I think most of my fellow graduates get to talk about movie productions and taking Harrison Ford coffee, I get to be all, "I drove to Canada. And I hate my job." No, it'll be much more than that. I think I've conquered a lot post-UNM. I'm still shocked and awed by how much I do use (or don't use) that confounded degree. But, I do love that I graduated from such a small department. It's nice to feel like all those professors do actually care about my brain.

Which, speaking of, I think my brain is frozen. Blogging is pulling teeth. I might take a break. I have been writing a lot of other things, though. Dare I say it, I might, just MIGHT, complete a dang novel. More typing than anything I'm too proud of, but that's what rough drafts are for.

No comments: