4.25.2008

She's an honest defector.

It's been quite a while since I've been excited about sports. It's a rare thing. Buuuut...

GO HABS GO!

(Constable Yannick Ouimet, by the way...)

The small village of Ste. Croix Quebec is so excited, it is actually defrosting. I am sure. I am also sure that my petite cousin Mariane is just completely losing her mind (and probably her GPA) because she can't contain her excitement. She cares more about the Montreal Canadiens than I care about Six Feet Under. And that's saying a lot. I watched just a regular season game with her when I was visiting and it put every ounce of passion in my body to shame.

So, I'll be watching a lot of hockey this week and pretending to be in my cousin Rene's living room, cheering along with Mariane. I'll be there in spirit.

And since we're talking about Six Feet Under... it rules. Hastings has seasons on sale for $25, knocked down from $50, and it's taking everything in my power to not buy them all. I bought Season One and watched it in 2 days.

Trips I am taking:

June 6: Vegas, baby. My 24th birthday, Miss Exotic World, and possibly the Sex Pistols reunion (not lying).

July 19: Denver for Mile High Music Fest, but really just for Tom Petty.

Trip I REALLY want to take:

August 13: Back to NYC for 5 RANCID SHOWS 5 NIGHTS IN A ROW. It would also be nice to go back to the MOMA for Dali: Painting and Film.

No comments: