4.29.2008

Deflated is the word for the day. You know what I'm talking about, that one phone call, that one costumer, that one person who's having the worst day in the world and takes it all out on you? I got nailed with that dagger 5 minutes into my work day today. I can already tell it'll be the black cloud following me around until I leave the office. People are just, well, they can be, so cruel. They can manipulate their words just so, to make you feel terrible and them feel completely right. And when all you want to do in the world is smash their face through a wall, you have to be polite and respectful. so, of course, you start shaking with anger and anxiety because it's all your body can do, and that stays with you for about 5 hours.

All I want in the world is a cupcake.

In other work-related blog-friendly news, last week was internationally week (weak) of Tired. I think everyone can agree. Wednesday night I got about 5 hours of sleep, had to be at work at 6am on Thursday, then had to report to the El Rey for bartending at 5:30. I got home at about midnight, had to get up at 5 the next morning for another fantastic 6am work call. I was by the Kimo by 7 that night for BN and didn't get home til 2:30 in the morning. My sleep schedule was so bizzerk, I could barely get any rest. Also on Friday, I managed to pull one of those 24 no eating periods, completely by accident. I ate lunch on Friday, passed out when I got home from work, woke up with just enough time to get to the Kimo then went over to Cari's and didn't feel like braving Valley drive-thru's. By the time I left, I was so tired and dilerious, I just went home. I woke up at about 5 in the morning with really bad hunger pains, but was terrified of going downstairs to make food because some of Maria's fmaily was sleeping soundly on our couch. So, I didn't eat until mashed potatoes and chicken strips time at Churchs almost exactly 24 hours after that lunch.

That was a really long, drawn out explanation that basically, I've been tired and hungry the last few days. I'm actually quite sorry if you read that.

Demo starts in the G-Dub tomorrow, so Marky, Kyle and myself spent one last afternoon in the ruins, saying a final goodbye to the old girl. We threw bricks at pigeons and drank Smithwicks. It's been exactly two months and of course, internet and Alibi hatred is still running rampid. And I'm still taking it personally.

But you know,



It makes sense.

No comments: