2.19.2008

You drank. You drunk. You fail.

I've become a canyon winder. Every day, I commute through the trees and into the big city. And I love it, really I do. That drive makes me feel 5 years old and amazingly adult all at the same time. It's nostalgic since I made that drive so often when I was a wee Catherine and now I make it on my way to my 10:00 to 6:00 job. I loved that cement plant when I was a kid. Just like all other mountain kids, I thought it was a castle and wanted nothing more than to go slide down one of those giant slides. Now, I'm very glad I was a timid child.

I've decided we need to go back to a barter system, given the recession. My Western Civ I teacher told me that capitalism as an economic system only had another 20 years left in it and I think he was right. So, I vote for "give me a goat, I'll give a fence." However, since I don't have any goats or fencing, I'd prefer "give me an iMac, I'll give you a keg of Shiner."

Angie gave me an offer I couldn't refuse yesterday, a public lecture at a small town public library talking about piercing safety and history. HELLO. Yes, please give me an excuse to talk a whole lot in public about things I can never shut up about.

I applied for a very exciting job yesterday, one which I can't speak too much of yet. With any luck, I'll be staying here for it, but I might have to leave. As I told Joel on Saturday, the longer I stay here, the more I want to stay. I've been out now, I've seen a good chunk of all these states and I still proclaim that New Mexico is the fairest of them all. I love being entrapped.