1.26.2008

Ben Folds is not pissed off.


There is a man with a piano on that stage.


And how was Mr. Ben Folds? Well, he was pretty awesome. As a preformer, he managed to get probably the most diverse crowd I've ever seen totally in sync. Not easy.I thought his set was going to be a lot of older material since he wasn't touring to support an album. However, it ended up being a preview of lots and lots of new material since he's working on a new album. And oh man, what a great album it will be. He didn't seem to have it all together yet, some words and parts were still improvised. That's a great musician right there. He closed with "Bitches Ain't Shit" because he said it was appropriate for a Folk Fest.

The actual folk festival was okay. Neal Copperman prepared me well in the field of folk, so I definitely could appreciate what I heard, even though it's not my favorite. Natilia Zukerman was probably my favorite of the other artists, female slide guitarists are always okay by me.

Lots of sleep has been happening and I think I really needed it. No real, set plans for the week and I like it that way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ben folds can put on a good show. he has big rabbit teeth and they sometimes frighten me. but other than that...