1.27.2008

Stella Dora Breakfast Treats.

Other discussion about the An Arbor Folk Fest: I have this really vivid memory of Jason Simms calling me while I was on my way to Bert and Emily's after a Spank show at the Launchpad. The discussion went something like this:
Jason: Two things. Guess how many beers I can drink in a minute?
Cat: Uhh..
Jason: I can drink 4 (I think it was four, anyway). And the other thing. Guess who's washed up?
Cat: Uhh..
Jason: (An Albuquerque jam band whose name I can't quite remember and probably shouldn't type for the sake of good karma)'s washed up. I gotta go.
Cat: Uhh..

So, guess who's washed up? Toad the Wet Sprocket. I know, I know, I just crushed all your 1994 prom memories and you're shocked.

Today Jackie said, "You know, I think I like a lot of different music. But I don't think I like folk music." It was pretty great.

I've been waiting to get to a decent internet connection to upload these precious memories, the movies from New Years Eve mayhem in Times Square. Well finally, here they are.



One correction: We had been waiting for FOUR AND A HALF HOURS. Also, that look on Maria's face at the end, when she's undoubtedly thinking about chicken wings, slays me every time I watch it.



The final countdown! This is the last minute before the clock struck midnight. On a funny side note, there was a building behind us that had a clock on top of it that was 4 minutes fast. People around us, without cell phone clocks, were getting pretty upset. "Why haven't they started it yet? What a freaking rip-off!"Jackie

1 comment:

Chas said...

What a freaking party. I want to go there.