8.10.2007

I don't think burrito is an ingredient, Kyle.

Probably the most exciting part of my week was the Billy Bob Thornton show at the El Rey. I spent the whole morning running around Billy Bob's costume person, which wasn't too bad. We did have the struggle of trying to find someone who could hem a pair of pants for BBT, himself. Every alteration/dry cleaning shop we went to looked at us like we were zombies ("You want that done today?!?!").

My afternoon consisted of picking up dry cleaning, laundry, and the infamous altered pants, alll for Billy Bob. I thought it was pretty damn funny. I didn't even meet him, but I drove around his pants all day. Much better story.

But, for the record, he's pretty short, about my height. But, everyone who actually dealt with him said he was nice.

I've been spending most of my time with my mom in the mountains, which really hasn't been by choice. The people who manage Kyle's apartments are nosey mother eff's and decided to tell Kyle's parents that I was living there. It wasn't quite true, as I have been spending nights with my mom, a few with Kenneth, etc. But, Kyle's parents pretty much flipped over the fact we were "living in sin" and banished me from ever staying there again. However, when Kyle told them we weren't having sex and he didn't see what the big deal was, they called him a liar. I normally don't like getting very personal about life-details on da blog, but DAMN if that doesn't make me grumpy.

So, away to the mountains I will go. It really is quite intoxicating; no light pollution, little contact with the outside world. It's also great to live with a dog again! But, the issue with staying with my mom is not only the gas to get back and forth from Burque to Edgewood, but her road is murder. And when it rains, it's pretty much unpassible. It was to the point last spring, when all the snow melted, that I seriously thought the national guard was going to have to airlift her outta there. It's okay right now, the sun is baking out all the moisture, but every time I see those big ol, grumpy clouds, I get pretty nervous.

The only person who even knows me in Edgewood is the guy who works at Movie Gallery. I've spent some quality time there the past few days. It's nice to not feel spied on.

I'm trying to figure out how to spend the next few months. A good friend asked me to take pictures at her wedding, something I'm actually really, really, really excited about; to the point where I'm actually vamping up a photography portfolio. So, I'm thinking about staying here, trying to put my Media Arts degree to use and find some production work. But, a big part me just wants to get the freak OUT and into Canada already. If I can't find production work, then I'll probably just take my chances and get outta here without much money. But, if I do, I'm here til October.

Words today, pictures soon.

2 comments:

Stancie said...

I don't know if it's something you'd want a hand in, but we are trying to put together this years relay for life montage. Life is hell up here so Nick and I haven't had much time to play with the 100+ pics I took that night. If you're interested send me a text or something.

Anonymous said...

Burrito IS an ingredient... where I am. Riiighht heeeerrrre. ;)