7.10.2009

The flood is here.


Everything will change.


Kyle and I are taking a hiatus. It’s no one’s fault, no one’s mad, and I know deep down, it’s the right decision for both of us. I’m trying to be as rational as possible, but all in all, it’s absolutely heartbreaking. That’s the hard thing about your heart; it’s pathetic at being logical. It's the sort of thing I'm keeping close, and not on a blog.

I spent last week in Albuquerque, remembering all the things I missed; summer nights with Ashley and Joel, the smell after a thunderstorm, Jennifer’s garden, Daniel’s giant bear hugs, potatoes from Olympia, Kate nachos, Maria’s tolerance for drunk people (Lord Calvert, you and me are officially over.), the mountains, Kyle Anaya’s off-color wisdom, the amount of discretion over marijuana usage (NONE), the accent and about a million more things. I sobbed and sobbed when I left. Felt like I left behind a lot more this time.

And back in Oklahoma, I got offered another job I can’t blog about. But it’s been a mess trying to get everything in order for it. I had to get my own background check. Also, the pay schedule is screwy, so I’ll still be dirt-poor for a while. I have to remember this is a job, not a career; a paycheck, not my life.

No comments: