2.11.2009

Ruthy Baby

Dear College of Santa Fe,

Congratulations, you're failing. No one wants to go to school there. Well, it might have something to do with the fact your tuition is completely ridiculous. Labeling your school as "challenging" and "competitive" and "progressive" doesn't mean it is. It just means it's expensive. While I completely agree that Santa Fe needs a public college, just admit that this move is completely your last resort and you're absolutely disgusted with the fact that Highlands is about to buy you out. You know, maybe if you weren't so pretentious about the level of education you have to offer and charged people a reasonable amount to go there, people actually would! Or maybe I'm just bitter because your snobby film program has spent years shunning UNM's. Well, maybe this is what you get.

Also, thanks for prompting my first letter-blog in probably a year.

Never yours,
Cat, Proud UNM Media Arts Alumni.

Speaking of a year, it's been one of those since I came back from my grand adventure. And what a year it's been... I come home to a fire and a federal office. I feel great, big professional shifts, and maybe some emotional ones. Kathy keeps telling me I'm meaner than I used to be. Maybe I'm just more honest.

I did my taxes, which prompted me to fill out my FAFSA. Who knows, maybe the federal government will give me enough money to get back into school. That's what I really want to do, so I might as well go for it.

I'm really antsy to go back to Quebec, when it's actually warm. I'm not eager to head back to Jersey; G-Pa's health has taken a turn for the worst. Lots of nasty things are happening and for the most part, I don't like talking about it. This may not make sense but, the thought of my grandfather dying doesn't bother me nearly as much as the thought of him being in pain. Grandpa's a spiritual man, I think he's where he wants to be with the God and the afterworld. But, like I said, I don't like talking about it. I'll talk about it when I want to.

Current work's going okay. It is getting busier. I start working Saturdays next weekend. The sun's starting to come up earlier, so I almost get to see Albuquerque in the daylight. Almost.

No comments: