8.18.2008

Easter Egg.


"The brain is the control center of the central nervous system, responsible for behavior. In mammals, the brain is located in the head, protected by the skull and close to the primary sensory apparatus of vision, hearing, equilibrioception (balance), sense of taste, and olfaction (smell).

While all vertebrates have a brain, most invertebrates have either a centralized brain or collections of individual ganglia. Some animals such as cnidarians and echinoderms do not have a centralized brain, and instead have a decentralized nervous system, while animals such as sponges lack both a brain and nervous system entirely.

Brains can be extremely complex. For example, the human brain contains roughly 100 billion neurons, linked with up to 10,000 connections each."


I think it's the hardest thing in the world when our brain fails us, when we don't have control over it anymore. I have been fortunate enough to have never made it so far as to losing complete control. I've tittered, I've tottered, but luckily, I've always come up strong.

I've had my days when I didn't want to get out of bed. All I wanted to do was to not be bothered. I didn't want a single distraction, all I wanted was to be alone with my thoughts, regardless of how somber they were. I don't know what makes your brain do that, why you seclude yourself, why it seems like such a great idea to be unhappy. But, it is. And you surrender to it.

We've all surrended. But that's always been the scariest part for me, not being able to come back.

I know it's not my job to make anyone better. You've got to be able to do it on your own, or it never really works. Still, you've got to be there, you're a friend. Something about it scares me so much. I'm terrified that I'll say the wrong thing, completely throw off any kind of stability. I try to be as good as possible, and in that, I worry too much about it sometimes that I forget to act.

Every time I'm tittering, I've been so lucky to have the group of friends that I do. They're much better at it than I am. Sometimes they know what they've done, how grateful I am, but most of the time, I feel like I fail in acknowledging people. Mostly because the smallest things have the most significance to me and I worry that they'd find my gratitude a little misplaced.

The best Oklahoman I know told me once, when I was completely isolating myself, "i hope your heart heals soon". Just something about that, something he didn't think twice about typing in an aim window, made me so hopeful. My heart was healed soon enough.

Whatever it is that's swimming around in your brain, whatever thoughts are plauging you, just know that I'll do anything in my power to help pull you out. Because you've done the same for me. I hope whatever's plauging you gets to be managable. That someday, you'll want to get out of bed at 7am, take a shower, go to your shit job, make a fucking difference. That someday, it doesn't hurt to be alive. Never expect perfection, but you deserve to be on top of the game. I guarantee that.

Chances are if you care enough to read this, that's about you. I hope your heart heals soon.

No comments: