8.08.2008

Barter redemption for diamonds and pearls.

This picture was on the front page of the Quay County Sun on Wednesday:

"Chase Montano runs through a series of lateral drills on Monday at Rattler football camp."


His last name isn't Montano. That's my step brother. He's playing high school football.

I'm retardedly excited about it. I guess it stirs up all the found memories I have in Tiger Stadium, sitting behind the band, talking about boys I wanted to kiss, dancing at any opportunity... just all around jackassery. Those were some good times.

I can't wait to go to a game. If anyone's up for a road trip and a sneak peek into true small town life, please let me know.

I think a prophet came to visit me at work. I get to work at 8:01 and he showed up at 8:03 with a letter for my boss. He made me read the first page, which was complete, incoherent dribble, then told me he went to West Point and left. He called the office half an hour later and we had the following conversation:

Cat: "This is Catherine."
Prophet: "Is this the girl at the front desk?"
Cat: "Yes."
Prophet: "This is *********, I came in earlier."
Cat: "Of course, can I help you with something?"
Prophet: "I want you to know been reading the good words of Jesus Christ and he wanted me to tell you that Psalm 37 is for you."
Cat: "Okay. Thank you, sir."
Prophet: "God bless you."

So, Psalm 37 is the one about the meek inheriting the earth. So, after an intense conversation with my spiritual guider today, we decided that I'm already somewhat meek, therefore, the earth is mine. But, I really am reading into it. Prophets are like really awesome horoscopes.

Life recently has been:
1. Job search. Two more jobs passed me up today. Gah.
2. The New Amsterdams.
3. Newcastle Brown Ale and Geeks Who Drink. We got 2nd place out of 37 teams on Wednesday.
4. Gilmore Girls. (Don't ask me why. Probably because I love Jess with the teen angst left in my soul)
5. Blow drying my hair. I'm so sick of it, I want to throw it out my window and onto my neighbor's car.
6. Summer storms in New Mexico. They produce some of the most amazing, inspiring images to date. I'll finish you yet, novel.
7. This book. I can't quite figure it why, but I've read it twice in a week. I didn't like You and Me and Everyone We Know that much.
8. Lunch dates with boyfriend.
9. Converting anyone who's willing into the Six Feet Under army.
10. Caffiene Free Dr. Pepper. WHAT UP.

No comments: