7.15.2008

Trying to stay big.

This makes Tuesday better. "I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart." "I am Jack's low price guarantee."

CRAP I had a long weekend. I worked nine hours at the El Rey on Saturday. And I spent most of that time looking at this:


Oy, quinceaƱeras. You're such a cruel mistress. I love them for their $100 bar guarantee, but hate them for the fact I am forced to use what little Spanish I've retained after 4 years of schoolin for it. This one wasn't so bad, especially since the girl's dress was GREEN and she had a GREEN and BLACK theme. Thank baby Jesus. The girl always wears white and her colors are always red and white. Booooring. So thanks Veronica, for spicing it up a bit.

I ended the night really grumpy. It was weird seeing the Launchpad open again, talking to the staff, watching everything get back to normal there. It just made me sad, knowing that I'll never get my bar back. It didn't help when the El Rey's roof started leaking like mad with that crazy downpour we had at about 1:30 on Saturday night. We had to construct an elaborate system of trash bins and beer coolers to catch it all. Historical buildings never get all the way fixed, if I've learned anything, it's that.

And yeah, I'm getting used to it by now. But, I'm starting to feel like I have to justify my grief (mostly to myself...). I guess it's okay to still be sad. I've never really experienced loss like that before.

On a lighter note, Kyle said the funniest thing this weekend about selling fireworks. "I'm going to make it magical next year. Like going to Narnia. I'll wear fairy wings if I have to."

Speaking of, he joined a new band. Perhaps you've heard of Flood the Sun? Well, their new bass player is fantastically tall and awkward. By this happening, it means that 3 out of my top 5 favorite men in Albuquerque are in a band together. Success!

No comments: