7.10.2008

Ste. Anne de Beaupre

I decided to give up caffiene. Now, I'm not quite sure as to why, but the other morning I was staring at my box of red tea at work and said, "I do not want to drink you. Maybe I should give up caffiene." So, I have. Sort of.

I think it's partially because I have too much time on my hands and too much internet. One particular day, around the time Heather from dooce.com started her detox, I spent a good 6 hours reading about detoxes and cleanses and how horrible everything you eat is for your body. It's also important to note that I had dinner at Taco Bell that day. But, something I read must of stuck because my brain decided it would be awesome to not have caffiene.

It's more of an experiment I think, to see how body reacts without it, just how addicted I am. So far, I really haven't noticed any differences, except for my sleep patterns. I expected to be way more tired, but I'm actually sleeping less on top of it, which makes no sense. I have been getting little headaches, just little shocks of pain here and there, which I read is pretty common, but not nearly as bad as some people who have migranes without caffiene. I just want to pass out on my keyboard, but that's more of an everyday thing.

I should probably tell you that I also cheated last night and had a Dr. Pepper. So, obviously, I'm taking this VERY SERIOUSLY. But, I think it might be interesting to see how I function without certain things, maybe even try veggie-ing for a while, no dairy another week, etc. Just to figure out where my addictions are and just how well balanced my diet is. Something tells me the results will terrify me.

But mostly, I think I'm motivated out of boredom.

Also of note, I've been invited to perform some lady dancing at a benefit for a couple food pantries. I think it sounds like it would be a lot of fun, but I'm worried about my lack of lady dancing lately. Maybe I've lost my twirl. The good news is I can still do the dance to "Little Less Conversation". I tried the other night.

No comments: