6.18.2008

Well, it's getting better.

Great things happen to me and Kyle when we hang out at condiment stations in restaurants.

We went to Dions last night and were ordering when I start listening into the guy standing next to me and his conversation with his server. This guy is a few inches shorter than Kyle, heavier build, Native, and has black hair down to his ass in a ponytail. Guy has just finished ordering and is picking up his pitcher of cola.

Guy: "Hey, can I get a little more ice in these cups? Yeah, you know, I don't want come up here and bug you again. Just make sure they're really full. Yeah."

Server takes the 4 cups and fills them up one by one, with ice coming out of the top.

Guy: "YOU'RE NATIVE, YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO DO THIS."

The server gives him the most confused and insulted smile and the guy just walks off, like this is clearly something he says on a daily basis. The server looked like she might have been Native, but I wasn't exactly blinded by her ethnicity. I guess what really gets me is what does being Native have to do with filling up a cup with ice?

Then, the Guy goes to get straws/lids, Kyle & I do the same. Guy is completely blocking the straws, so Kyle reaches around him and says, "Excuse me." Trust me. Nothing invasive or rude about it. This is Kyle we're talking about here.

Guy: "Excuse me? Excuse me? Excuse YOU."

And as Kyle's walking off,

Guy: "JERKFACE!"

That's right. I typed it. Kyle's a "jerkface" for reaching around straw blocker.

So, in the name of not dealing with drunkies, have some British hats.


From wiki: Royal Ascot is the world’s most famous race meeting, steeped in history dating back to 1711. It is a major event in the British social calendar, and press coverage of the attendees and what they are wearing often exceeds coverage of the actual racing. The Royal Enclosure has a strict dress code--male attendees must wear full morning dress including a top hat, whilst ladies must not show bare midriffs or shoulders and must wear hats.

It's happening right now. I intend on spending at least 60% of my day looking at pictures of hats.






British people are better at wearing hats than us.

No comments: