6.03.2008

Still we lost control.

I hope all of you voted today. Even though I know half of you didn’t. That’s not me being mean, voter turnout is expected to be under 50%. But, Jefferson Middle School was busy this morning when I went. So, prove statistics wrong! Polls are open to 7:00 and I know, I know, you’ve all probably worked a dumbly long day by the time you sit down to read this, but go here to get a sample ballot and figure out where you vote. Then, take five minutes and google and candidate or two, see if you like what they’re doing, and THEN go to whatever school or library you’re supposed to. Trust me, it’s close. They do that for a reason.

I might go count ballots tonight, doesn’t that sound exciting?!? (There is a reason our Geeks Who Drink team dominates political categories, all I’m sayin…)

Out of town ain’t happening for my birthday. Far grander things popped up on the horizon and I pounced, which means I spent just enough this week to ex out Vegas, especially since I would be paying for the trip somewhat exclusively. Hopes of camera for the magical day are also fading fast. But, I still plan on celebrating 24 in style. There are paddle boats on Tingley Beach and this sounds like about the greatest thing ever, as well as a trip to the Natural History Museum. Everyone’s invited! There will also probably be nachos. There are always nachos.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man, I can now admit I am excited that you'll be in town for two reasons.

1. I will also be in town and can join in on the celebration AND buy you a birthday taco in person for the first time in years! (you should also seriously consider what you want for your birthday.)
2. God willing, I will be in possession of Sherry Darling and this will be the PERFECT CHANCE to test her out!!!

Whoot!

Anonymous said...

UH... I WANNA GO! Please say it's this weekend, cause I'll actually be in town!

NAACHOOOOOOOOOOOS!

ingenuelle said...

I voted.