6.16.2008

Remained sexy while doing so.

Gosh. Maria got in a car accident last night coming home in Raton. She tried to go around some debris on the road, but ended up hitting it and blowing out a tire, lost control and ended up in a tree, probably going 60mph. Thankfully, from what it sounds like, her car did exactly as it should have and pretty much buckled, saving Maria any major injury. They took her to the hospital in Las Vegas and did some x-rays, but when I talked to her, she didn't think she'd broken anything. And I tend to believe her, as she has a degree in that.


But, RIP to Maria's dear car. What a sweet car Princess Diana was, absorbing all that force to protect her driver. Maria told me her engine is crunched in about 2 feet. It really is unbelievable that you can hit a tree going that fast and not seriously hurt yourself. And in all honesty, it was probably a good thing that tree was there, instead of risking a rollover.

ALSO, Marky got into a wreck on Saturday. He's somewhat sore and his car is still drivable, but he's pretty worried about frame damage. So, send them both well wishes, perhaps even flowers and candy. And drive extra careful this week... something's going down.

In somewhat lighter news,

Kenneth took me to the zoo on Sunday to celebrate my birth. I really do love that place. I realized what a great place it is to exercise too. I've been thinking about getting a membership and going every Saturday morning, walking around it a few times.


The polar bears were extra frisky. Well actually, just frisky. I don't think I've ever seen them in as much motion as they were in on Sunday. This bear was trying his hardest to get that plastic cylinder into the big pool at the top of his habitat. It was so crazy to watch him balance it and then shove it up, like he was serving a volleyball. He would get so frustrated when it would fall back down, but he just kept doing it.

I also worked a crazy lot last week. On top of 40 hours in office, I spent 3 nights at the theater; bartending Tuesday and managing Friday and Saturday. So, I spent a lot of time being tired.


I did have the great satisfaction of a G-Dub reunion of sorts, as one of the old security guys was back in town for about a week. With his visit, came the visits of a bunch of old staffers on Tuesday night. And who are all these people?
First row: Scott (the one visiting from Virgina. He worked at the bar for years and years before moving about 2 years ago.), Jay Dee (did maintenance and janitorial stuff before Kenneth took over. He's my favorite of the sleazy security guards we've had over the years. And trust me, there's been a few.), Kyle (you should know him), Marky (him too), and oh Daniel my Daniel (current head of security and greatest person I've met in a long time.)
Second Row: Kristina (invented the Golden West bartender. If anyone has right to claim that bar as her own, it's that girl.), Jenny (did the office job before me. She is fantastic and from New York.)
Third row: Kathy (mom), me, Phil (if you went into Birdland anytime in the last 5 years or so, you probably saw that guy. He worked security for us for a loooong time.)
Bottom: Patrick (remember how I just typed about sleazy security guards? Yeeeeah, about that...)

But, it was just so great to see everyone all in one place again. It was enough to remind me why I still work there and why I doubt I'll ever be able to leave. I've noticed now that I just love being at the theater. I'll just stop and look around at the building, just because I'm so happy it's still there.


We zombies.


Well, it looks like this little office job of mine might not be hanging around as long as I originally expected. I knew it wouldn't last through the year, but now it's looking like it might not last through the summer. Some office folk think I'll be okay, but I really don't feel like taking any chances. So, I'm starting to think of other places I could possibly work, and starting to think even more about if it's finally time I pick up and head to Oklahoma, once and for all.


I want this place to hire me.


I'm also looking campaign stuff and more federal stuff. What's up, Census 2010? I count real good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my poor princess diana... we're gonna go see her today... let's pray that my computer is still in there...

ingenuelle said...

I have a zoo membership and I'm allowed guests. I'd be up for going on Saturdays... and if you don't want to hang around me and Erin the whole time, I won't be offended if you just use me for free admission and then we split up once inside. Erin usually just falls asleep in her stroller anyway. Along the same lines... I might not stay as long as you, so don't be offended if I get you in and leave shortly thereafter due to a certain 3 year-old and the possibility of a temper tantrum. :)