6.26.2008

Blue tooth microphones in vents.

"I know you're young and you can't understand this..."

I HATE HATE HATE when people say that to me. Mostly because it assumes that just because I am young, I am ignorant. But probably partly because I'm scared that it's true.

I applied for my dream job last night. I read the description and started jumping in my chair at work, that's how much I already love it. Sources close the job (at least closer than I) seem to think I've got a shot. So, fingers and toes are crossed. Finding a job that can make you really happy is so rare and the chance of getting one is just too exciting.

It's a dreamy Thursday. Here's five places I really REALLY want to visit (thanks, wiki).


1. Charles Bridge, Prague.

I love bridges. A lot. And this one just fascinates me. Construction started on it in the 1350's and took about 50 years to build. As the only means of crossing the river Vltava (Moldau), the Charles Bridge used to be the most important connection between the Old Town, Prague Castle and adjacent areas until 1841. Also this 'solid-land' connection made Prague important as a trade route between east and west Europe. During the day, it fills up with artists and merchants and at night it has the most beautiful view.


2. Cable Beach, Western Australia.

Of all the beaches I want to see the world, Australia's beaches top the list. The ones on the west coast especially, because they're far less crowded. This one is near Broome. The beach itself is 22.5 km long with beautiful white sand washed clean daily by tides that can reach over nine metres. The water is crystal clear turquoise, and the gentle swells hardly manage to topple over as they roll up onto the almost perfectly flat beach. It's also a nudist beach, but I won't let that stop me.


3. Iceland

Mostly because it looks like a fairy land to me. I can't imagine actual people living in such a green and lush place. Today, Iceland has some of the world's highest levels of economic freedoms[3] as well as civil freedoms. It is also the fourth most productive country per capita. But mostly, it just doesn't look real to me.


4. South Africa

If I ever join the Peace Corps, this is where I want to go. South Africa is known for its diversity, and eleven official languages are recognised in its constitution. English is the most commonly spoken language in official and commercial public life, however it is only the fifth most spoken home language. South Africa is one of only 17 countries worldwide considered megadiverse. It has more than 20,000 different plants, or about 10% of all the known species of plants on Earth. It's also violent as eff, but it's very much in the process of nationalizing... basically the mass population is still trying to identify, after hundreds of years of being ruled by the top 1%. It's exciting, that's what it is. Just the amount of history, gah.


5. Tadoussac, Quebec.

It's the oldest French settlement in the Americas, but the real reason I want to go there is...

SO I CAN SEE ONE OF THESE.


Where do YOU want to go? I DARE you to blog about it!

Also, I decided two things yesterday.


1. Kyle needs a cocker spaniel. He doesn't think so, but I do.

I WILL CONVINCE HIM.

2. If I had any musicial talent whatsoever, I would start a Van Halen tribute band that would sound a whole lot like Reggie and the Full Effect. Everybody would want some.

No comments: