4.07.2008

The loves of others.

I've been laying low recently. I haven't been staying home, wearing my Golden West shirt with my keys on my jeans and crying in the dark or anything, but I've been taking comfort in the repetition of recent life. Work makes me get up and go to bed early, which normally makes me feel a lot better, but it limits my social calendar. I'm also working most Saturday nights and I'm going out of town this weekend. Phantom Cat.

Work also brings on a domesticated Cat. But with domestication comes certain funding. After a year of couch hopping, being able to go out to dinner or go see a movie and not worry (too much) where the money is coming from, is such a fantastic feeling. I'm sure I'll enjoy it for a few months then get stir-crazy. But, the nice part about extra cash is lots more weekend trips. Like this weekend.

My grandmother's moving to Pampa this week and I'm taking the last parts of her house, mostly plants, to her in Texas. I'll also drop off some things with my dad in Tucumcari before that, but eventually make my way to Oklahoma, as I always seem to do. This however, all depends on how tired I am this week. If I do go to Norman, I get to see Saves the Day for free on Saturday. This sounds fantastic.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

No comments: