3.20.2008

We offer our sincere appreciation.

PAYDAY! PAYDAY! PAYDAY! PAYDAY! PAYDAY!

I have literally been living off of change for a few days now. After much anxiety, direct deposit came through and here I am, much, much richer. It'll go so quickly, but I am hoping to indulge with some of it for room decorating. I've been dying to frame the polaroids I took on my trip, as well as some I took in the Golden West. I also might buy some art for my walls. I am seriously in love with this painting:



Also known as Nocturne in Black and Gold, the Falling Rocket, by James Abbott McNeill Whistler. Unfortunately, I can't find a print of it anywhere! So, I think I'll be ordering this:



Perroquet vert, by Jean Paul Riopelle from the Quebec National Art Museum. Much more impressive in person, very similiar to Pollack. HERITAGE. ON MY WALL.

I have had a lot of caffiene today, I'm to the shakey point, but I'm sure it's the only reason I'm still awake. I had to come into work at 6am, meaning I was all alone for 2 and a half hours before someone else got here. There was some early morning office dancing. I have no idea why that sort of thing is so fun when no one else is around, but it really is. I wanted to start texting the world. Why aren't more of you up at 6am?!?

By the way, why exactly does it feel so degrading to have your coffee order be forgotten about at Starbucks? Any other place, it's just sort of annoying, not a big deal, but there, I don't know, it just feels dirty.

Have I mentioned PAYDAY! PAYDAY! PAYDAY! PAYDAY! PAYDAY!

I'm also planning something of a birthday trip this year. I'm not sure where I want to go, but something tells me I'll end up in Oklahoma, at the Vista, with Matt and Chelsey. I'd really like to go to Bonnaroo the weekend after my birthday, but I need to find a posse, a posse willing to drive with me to Tennessee, live with me in a tent for 3 days, and spend $250 on tickets. Anyone?

1 comment:

ashley said...

As you know, I am well accustomed to living in a tent for three days. It's fun, and my body has developed the mutant ability to not stink as long as I don't move. :D