11.22.2007

Land of the pines.

Gobble, emmer effers, Gobble!


I learned today that the McHughes family does up Thanksgiving right, with a feast that took up 4 folding tables, including drinks and dessert. Of course, that fed 40 people, but considering that my turkey day's rarely been larger than seating for 3, I was pretty taken. And also really, really, really, really thankful that they let me share it with them. I somewhat invited myself, after some drunken banter with Matt, but really, I couldn't have felt more welcome.

Like Cari, here's 10 things I'm thankful for.
1. My dog having an awesome home, even though I miss my wiggle butt a lot.
2. Both my parents having nice, warm homes to go to for dinner today.
3. Hint of Lime tortilla chips. Tasty!
4. My truck. Even if the headlight is being held up with tennis ball (picture to come later)
5. The lovely weather! Not a hint of bad driving in sight!
6. Maria, cuz she's a BADASS and coming to NYC to meet up with me over New Years. Time Square, here we come!
7. Hot buttered rum, made by Amy.
8. This computer still working, after how many times I've managed to drop it!
9. My boyfriend, for spending his entire day texting me about how much he wishes he was in Oklahoma. And no one wants to come to Oklahoma!
10. Wagon wheels on family farms at sunset. <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn right I'm a bad ass... and you're an even more fantastical bad ass for inviting me.