9.14.2007

Don't tell Billy Bob.

Good news! Grandma's out of the hospital. Bad news, she ended up being there for 4 nights, something that made her really, really grumpy. Apparently, the infection got to her right kidney and created some kind of kidney pneumonia. So basically, she was pretty sick for a few days there.

I, being the dutiful granddaughter, ran all around town for her all week, bringing her whatever she wanted. That includes a box of plush kleenex at 6am, because the kleenex at the hospital is terrible, apparently. I'm still doing this, as I've been out her house the last two nights.

Now, my grandma's a decent enough person. But, she's got a bad habit of telling you exactly what she thinks, no matter of how hurtful those statements may be. No topic's off limits, including my complexion and my weight. Not to mention, she gives lots of money to the Republican National Party and watches FoxNews 24/7. So, as you can imagine, it's been a draining week. Luckily, I'm outta there tonight; Kenneth's going camping in celebration of Internation Badass Appreciation Day, so I'll be apartment sitting for him.

Here's some odd news: I have started writing, of all things, a novel. After years of memoir, I just started typing about a week ago and about 50 pages of fiction have spit out since. I don't love it yet, but I'm having fun.

Just entering the Park N Ride for the Fair makes me glow. Pictures of adorable living beef should be up over the weekend.

No comments: