6.29.2009

They're all equal.

Continuing battles with unemployment make me somber. But today, happiness was brought via phone line. First in the form of text message updates and announcements of the birth of Drayson Matthew Mora, to proud parents Jason "Skittles" and Everetta Mora. Those kids (and I shouldn't call them kids anymore) were two of my nearest and dearest high school comrades; Skittles being my senior year prom date and Everetta being the only reason I passed Calculus.


Cat n' Skittles, circa '03.


And while I continuously battle with my own struggle to grow up, those two have seemed to have accomplished it flawlessly; degrees behind them, careers in front of them, and now the great adventure of parenting. I can't think of two finer people for that adventure. They're proof that every once in a while, your first love is your best love. Cheers to them and in Skittles' own words, "truly epic".

Also from the phone: Me and Chesley huddled around her phone, on speaker, and heard glorious news about a dear friend of ours taking the all-too important step of the first kiss with a new lady. We both felt like proud mama bears, sending our cub into the big scary world of dating.

And one more phone thing; text message I sent Maria on Friday night: "I may or may not be at a strip club. But I probably am."

So, phone, don't let me down tomorrow when I call unemployment AGAIN and try to get crap straightened out. I'd really like to get home, if only for a few days.

No comments: