4.09.2009

Tramps Like Us.

I remember winding through the canyon with my mom when I was a little girl, listening to Born to Run. Mom is, of course, from New Jersey which makes her a huge Springsteen fan, just by default. But, she also had the experience of leaving New Jersey, something Bruce sings about. Just a little bit.

Anyway, Mom couldn't be prouder that I'll be spending Good Friday with 20,000 Springsteen fans in Denver. Every time I tell her I'm going out of town for some sort of concert, she just sort of smiles and says, "That sounds like fun. Make sure you're safe". But when I told her about this trip, she got a little bit silly-happy on me.

I'm a bit silly-happy about it too.

So, I leave for Denver tomorrow, see Bruce on Friday, come back home on Saturday, drive to Oklahoma City with my desk on Monday, drive back through Pampa on Wednesday and hang out with Grandma til Friday. This is what you do when you're unemployed.

While I'm gone, please to enjoy a Japanese TV host grabbing Wolverine's package.

No comments: