1.27.2009

Crippling Ice and Snow.

What has two thumbs and is stranded in Oklahoma because of an ice storm?

This girl!

I lucked out in that I got stranded at Chelsey's house. Last night to celebrate ICE STORM 09, we destroyed some Lost Lake (a ridiculously cheap pilsner from Wisconsin that I've only seen in OK) as well as an entire large cheese pizza. That delivery guy risked his life for our pizza. And for that, I am forever grateful.

So, not quite sure when I'll make it out. Probably won't be today. I haven't seen a single car try to tackle the road right outside Chelsey's apartment.

My interview went okay. I felt really nervous and unprepared. 2 minutes after I walked in the building to interview, the power went out. So, I did my interview in the dark. That was exciting.

This postcard was pretty much the only reason I made it out the door on Sunday. I was seriously considering blowing off the interview. I'm not quite sure what all this means now that I'm iced in...

Man. I'd do just about anything for a breakfast burrito right now.