12.28.2008

Waking up to not being okay with any of it.

Brr! The chill in Albuquerque's air has brought me to a level I thought I would never, ever go. I bought a flannel. No, trust me, I know. It's the worst kind, even. The kind you pay too much for at Urban Outfitters. But dudes, it's cold. And I'm Canadian. So, cut me some slack.


I am so over Jordan Catalano.


You know what else I'm so over? QuinceaƱeras. A family tried to run off without paying their balance at the El Rey tonight. Daniel and me pretty much had to chase them down in the parking lot. Worst part was the family seemed so nice prior to the incident. It was a pretty okay Quince. The band was really good, as far as Quince bands go, the crowd was super-family oriented and my old buddy Colin stopped by. But their complete 180 did the same thing to my night. Man, am I ever grumpy.

All this Ataris-speak has got me in a super-nostalgic music mood. How much music have you forgotten about? I've forgotten A LOT. It's been good to get reacquainted with old friends.


I hope holiday merriment was had by all. I spent the day alone, for the most part. Mom was supposed to come into town, or I was supposed to go out there, but neither happened. So, I sat at home with about $60 worth of cookie making supplies and super-baked while watching Jackass. Didn't leave my house or change out of my PJ's all day.



Party Boy + cookies = Happy Holidays.


I normally make attainable goals for New Years resolutions. Last years goals were to: learn french, swim in a ocean, buy a new computer, pay rent and find a steady job. So, 2 out of 5? Meh. My only solid commitment for 2009 is to stop texting while driving. I'll probably tack finishing a novel and some sort of exercise routine on there.

No comments: