11.07.2008

Gonna wash up on the black rocks one day.

Last day of work. Here it is, the last time I'll sit at this desk, stare at the wall, and talk to crazies on the phone. I can honestly say, I'm not sad about leaving. I'll miss certain parts of this job, but as a whole... Nope. Not in a million.

Revival Tour was last night. It left my heart full of possibility. It, and Tim Barry, certainly made it seem just fine to be umemployed. It gave me this wave of "it'll all be okay". I do believe it. Mrs. Manfredi told me it was good that I stayed with this job as long as I did, even though it made me miserable. She said young people today are too spoiled, demanding awesome jobs when they enter the work force. But, you know, I don't want an awesome job. I just want a job I can be proud of. I don't mind working. But, working without purpose or drive is the worst thing I can imagine. I'd work an 80 hour week for the worst boss in the world if I felt like what I was doing meant something.

I'm going to keep looking, regardles of how it takes, to find a job with purpose. Maybe this is just the Lucero talking... It all sounds pretty simple. But, I feel like it's a personal revolution.

I'm looking at this little paid vacation, until January 5th, as an excuse to dive head-first into creative projects. I think finally, I'll let myself buy the expensive camera I've been lusting over for a year and a half. I've been sitting on the money for 6 months, too scared to spend it. But, I've finally come to the realization that there's really nothing left to wait for.

Now... that's the Lucero talking.

Anyway, goodbye office job, goodbye crazies, goodbye blank walls, goodbye 8am, goodbye power lunches, goodbye MSNBC. I appreciate all you've taught me. But really, it's time to get the hell out of here.

No comments: