11.28.2008

Drink till you feel alright.

This Thanksgiving was one of the best I think I've ever had. I started celebrating early on Wednesday night, by hanging out with friend-family at the Anderbenmans. It was a small group, but it's safe to say I loved every person in that room. It felt very Holiday-like and it got me in a great mood. On actual Thanksgiving, I went to my mom's, where the two of us made all the usual sides, along with turkey and green chile pizza, which was a quite successful experiment. So hey, if you're looking for something awesome to do with leftover bird, I'd do that.

On the level of things I'm thankful for, I think the award goes to this little one:


Her name is Olive.


Oliver still hasn't come home and Mom decided it would be good to get another cat. Originally named Daisy, she's five months old and was surrendered to the Westside animal shelter. I picked her out because as soon as she climbed into my arms, she started purring. In fact, I don't think she's stopped purring since. Really, she is the sweetest kitten. She adapted to my mom and her house in under five minutes, like she was always supposed to be there. She might win prizes in cuteness, but her real award is for making my mom smile.




I've been in crazy cleaning mode lately. Room's clean, I scrubbed down the bar on Monday, and I attacked my bathroom last night. Not quite sure why...

2 comments:

ashley said...

I normally clean when I feel out of control or like I need to control my environment. I also clean when I'm stressed or restless.

picklish said...

I sometimes clean when I'm procrastinating.

Congratulations on Olive. She looks like such a dear. Corpus started purring immediately when I first met him at the Eastside animal shelter, and you see how he ended up.

Happy Thanksgiving, dearest Gata.