9.03.2008

Chicas and a surprisingly good time!


As per tradition of any over 21er in the greater Albuquerque area, me and some friends took in the Wine Festival this Labor Day weekend. Maria terrified me with talk of lines being ridiculous, but I think we picked the day to go. Monday wasn't too hot, nor was it too, too crowded. I think the max I had to wait in line was 15 to 20 minutes. And considering free alcohol was being poured, that's amazing. I'm not even mad!


We took the Railrunner there and even though you'll be upset, that was the first time I'd taken it. But, it worked out well. We got there right when the train did so we ended up with seats together. For most of us.

But, really, it ended up being a fine time. A surprisingly good time! Le Chat Lunatique played at about 3:00 and it's no secret they're one of my favorites. We spent most of the day pleasantly buzzed and dodging Kyle Anaya's former lady. Covert operations are much better after wine. There was also really good jerky, really good corn, and really good wine. At a wine festival? Good wine?!? No!

I don't know much about wine. In fact, I don't know a thing. But, I learned a bit. I discovered I'm not the biggest fan of wines that taste like Sprite, but I don't like wines that taste super dry. I guess I like tart wines? I probably got the most excited about this one if only for its name. Unfortunately half my glass of it was spilled on me when drunk bro (Daaaaaaaaaave) crashed into me. I was sticky for most of the day. So it goes.

This is Marky wishing he had wine:

This is Maria having wine:

This is Kyle (Willis) and Maria wishing there was a wine cannon somewhere:

This is Kyle (Willis) and Marky pretending to hold up an extremely large mammory (I don't remember why, I just remember it being extremely funny... It was on the train ride home):

This is Kyle (Willis) helping Maria exfoliate:


And this is my favorite:


Moral of the story: Wine festivals are fun. But I think I'll stick to beer.

No comments: