3.29.2008

Anywhere but there.

Yesterday, the call came that I thought I was completely ready for. I knew Annie was getting old, getting sick, I'd been trying to prep myself. But, just to hear those words, the word "cancer", in my sweet puppy dog, broke me down. Sadly, the tissue is really aggressive. We'll probably have to visit the vet sometime this week, before she starts suffering.

I had a few hours of weepy hell at the mall. My dad somehow convinced me that it would be a good idea to go hang out with him. It really wasn't and there's no worse place to be a moopy pile of mess than the mall. Roommates, present and former, proved to be saviors and I managed to actually get some sleep last night. Not much, but a little.

It will be a really hard week.

5 comments:

picklish said...

I'm so sorry, sweetheart. At least she won't be suffering unnecessarily. <3

ingenuelle said...

:( I'm so sorry.

Emily said...

I'm so sorry :(
I'm here if you need anything. <3

Der General said...

:( poor Annie. I'm sorry.

LibraryPrincess said...

Oh man. You need to come up to Los Alamos for some sweet, sweet vacation time, is what.

Next, I am going to throw this out there...and not to be trying to offer some kind of "cold comfort" or anything, but because it is true and you need to hear it.

You gave Anniepants SUCH AN AMAZING life. You loved her and adored her and took care of her and made sure she was OK and looked after her when she was trouble and sick and peed all over your house. And you loved her and cherished her and gave her a good end of her life, where she knew nothing but affection and love. Not all dogs get that, you know. And it's a special kind of blessing.

I got yer back. Let me know if you need anything.