2.12.2008

I woke up this morning to the empty sky.

Well, here I am. All's familiar once more, perching above the Golden West in the cold haunted office. The desert's outside.

I've been telling everyone it feels like I never left. I came back and it's the exact same weather. Not quite meriting a full jacket, but just enough to be cold in a hoodie. Good weather for cuddling. And thankfully I have a boyfriends and dozens of friends to fill that very void.

I spent the weekend trying to cram as much enjoyment as I possibly could into two days. A crave salad at Flying Star. Burlesque craft night at Cari's. Flood the Sun at the Launchpad. Wiggle butt. Hanging out with the night crew at the bar. Movie shopping with my mom. I did it all because I knew Monday was like my D-Day, the return to the work force.

And man, have I ever been dragging. Yesterday was the worst, I just felt completely useless and I was messing up the smallest things. By the end of the 8 hours, I was so apathetic and slow, it's a miracle I made it back to Edgewood okay. So, today I tried to fill myself with positive attitude, eat a good breakfast and listen to the Bouncing Souls to give me some energy. It seems to be helping.

It is very nice to be back, by the way. It's so nice to see so many happy faces when they greet me. And I got my sky back. My skin's having a hard time rocking the dry air again, but Swedish skin care is proving effective.

I'm meeting up with Maria today to discuss a possible roommate arrangement. Oh, how quickly the world changes. But, I'm excited to have a full time home for me and my mattress, that isn't at my mom's. I'll be couching for most of the week because of this supposed monster of a snow storm that's rolling in. Done, done, done with living out of a duffel bag. Soon I hope.

No comments: