1.12.2008

You got eyes.

When I don't blog, it normally means someone is visiting me, therefore it's rude to excuse myself for several hours of myspace-coma. And true to history...


My boyfriend's here.


We've been museum-ing, visiting the AMNH and the Met, but mostly just pacing ourselves, taking New York in bite sized portions. But that probably means we'll be bingeing the next two days. His trip is already almost over! :(

One of the awesome things we did was going to the Late Show with David Letterman. I'm a pretty big Letterman fan, grew up on him really. So, I was pretty excited. And it was a completely Writers Guild-friendly act, since he, and his company, settled already. Not surprisingly, they've got it down to a science, getting people in and out of the theater nice and quiet-like. We ended up being seated in the balcony, something that made me somewhat grumpy, but not much because it gave us a better view of that gorgeous old theater. House gots some history. And that was really the exciting thing for me, being there, in that theater. The show itself was okay, we were in and out in about an hour. Got to see Morgan Freeman and Tom Brokaw in person. Paul Schaffer and the CBS Orchestra is a pretty awesome band, by the way.

Today we had a Jersey adventure with my fantastically Jersey-an cousin Gina. She took us through Newark, since she goes to Rutgers Newark and needed to buy books. Then, we ended up at a very crowded Cheesecake Factory for maybe the biggest meal I've ever eaten. I don't care what anyone says. Newark (and Detroit!) really aren't that scary! Just don't go dumb places with dumb people and dumb things won't happen to you! Newark is no more ghetto than the Burque war zone. But I really liked Newark because THERE WAS A BOJANGLES THERE.

The Met is probably the greatest art institution in the western world. I've never been there, shockingly enough, but it really is a fantastic place, The Egypt rooms and all the Roman/Greek stuff was not shockingly awesome, but I really liked the musical instruments they have there. Also, it's pay as you wish, admission is only a suggested donation. And a tip, it's open late on Fridays and Saturdays. And much less crowded.

In case you're not myspace friends with Maria (and you really should be) go do that now and go look at all the fantastic pictures she took in New York.

I feel my time in New Jersey winding down. I might be happy to head for a different place and do some more exploring. But, there's still so much here I've got to explore. There is a chance I'll head down to Washington DC for a few days, if I can budget it, and Smithsonian until my face falls off. And maybe interview for an internship at Newsweek. And you all thought I was being a deadbeat on this trip! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bojangles, just gotta have moooooooooore! Please tell me that you made kyle eat some bo.

you MUST go to DC. go to the smithsonians... have you been to the holocaust museum? i cant recall. but it's horrible. but you should go if you have the opportunity.

Der General said...

You should drive to MD and see my mom and say Hi.

ingenuelle said...

I love reading all about your adventures. I'm also VERY jealous that you saw Letterman!!! I grew up on him too.