11.24.2007

Toby Keith loves his bar & grill.

Back talk!

The scene is afternoon, somewhere near Wyoming and Menual in the great city of Albuquerque. 2 friends, Cat and Jennifer, are sitting on a porch couch, enjoying a nice day, while 2 other friends, Kyle and Kenneth are doing some basic car repairs on Cat's 2001 Toyota Tacoma. The truck is in desperate need of body work. Jennifer's husband Ben is inside, watching a football game.

Cat: "I'm worried that headlight's going to be too low, no matter what we do."
Jennifer: "You should stick a potato under it. That would help."
Cat: "And smell really good after a while."
Pause.
Cat: "I wonder what we could stick under there that would hold it up."
Pause.
Cat: "Kenneth! Could we stick something under the headlight to hold it up?"
Kenneth: "Umm, I guess. Maybe. Like what?"
Jennifer: "Maybe a tennis ball?"
Cat: "Umm, that might work."
Jennifer: "Benji! Didn't we steal a tennis ball from the tennis courts the other day? Where is it?"


Body Work 101: Be Creative.


Current Talk!


Biggie


I went to Bricktown last night, which is OKC's downtown. I went to see the purdy lights in the botanical gardens, but it ended up being the Christmas Tree lighting fiesta. Me and Tyler got free Starbucks out of the deal. I had a good night of exploring OKC's version of downtown revitalization. Now, if people would only go there. It might have been the night, but it was deader than Albuquerque's downtown on a weeknight. I didn't mind too much. What sober person wants to be run over by drunkies?

Speaking of drunkies...



Tyler took me to a bar called Tapwerks, at which I will be immediately applying if I ever move to Oklahoma. Over 100 bears on tap, 150 in bottles. Also in a nice, historic building. Hellllo. But, they also had "trays" of beer, which had 4 5oz glasses of different bear. Pictured above is the mystery tray! G-Dub, are you taking notes?

Weather depending, I'm truckin to St. Louis tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, as this is the real, official kick off into the unknown. But, I'm more excited about all the state lines I'll be crossing the next few days. 5, count em!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

tennis ball! oh cattie i am so glad you got to eat a good thanksgiving meal. as i worry that you should have more food and more often :)

Anonymous said...

UMM..... BEER!

Hey did you know they distribute Tractor beer in New Jersey AND Long Island?
MISSION I: Find NM Beer in New York or New Jersey

Anonymous said...

oh yea, and I love Toby Keith's Bar and Grill too...