11.15.2007

Drunkington.

Okay. I leave Sunday. Probably. Don't ask. Just expect blog posts from different cities. Sometime.

The point is...





It's getting colder.


All my life, I've had no manifest destiny, no desire to go west. Everyone wants to go to California, not this lady. And when I do finally go to California, bad things seem to happen. I've always felt the pull of the east. Tall cities, every museum I could ever want, the best public transportation in the worls, dozens of languages, constant beanie weather, steam rising from sewer caps, people who can't say their "r's", that's my place.

My mom was born in Harlem. She lived in New Jersey until 1978, when she came to Albuquerque with the lot of New Yorkers who bought land in Rio Rancho. Her dad had the same job as a super at the famed El Dorado condos across the street from Central Park. He's never had a drivers license or owned a car. He still lives in the same house in Little Ferry New Jersey, which he bought for $20,000 in 1953. It's now valued at $400,000. There's a bus stop 2 blocks from his house that will take me to Port Authority in half an hour. And from there, New York City. Don't even get me started.

And Quebec is family. It'll be like being in Northern New Mexico again, except I'll actually be related to people this time. I guess I'll be in Quebec City for it's 400th aniversary as a city, which means it'll be one big, giant party. But I'll spend most of my time in the smaller towns, getting to know my gene pool, something I've never done and something I'm fantastically excited about.

Can you read my excitement?

Anyway, here's a few photos.


This costume resulted in a major national protest against OUR Spirit store from catholics. We got calls from as far away as Missouri. Funny stuff.


Jennifer got married. I took pictures at her wedding. Sadly, most of them were of sneaking shots before the ceremony. And those don't live on my camera. But it was an awesome day. And I hate weddings.


The people at Putt Putt are really nice about you climbing on the animals if you ask first.


Alcohol consumption at Golden West after hours resulted in this photo, as well as my bruised tail bone from a spill I took off the ultility cart at about 15 mpa. That's fast for a utility cart. It hurts to sit.

No comments: