7.11.2007

Man, freaking red lights.

In grand tradition of the land of Entrapment, I got stuck here. I'm sure, partially, because I said I was allowing for any kind of unexpectedness, the very unexpected happened yesterday, as I rear ended some lady from Oklahoma.

For the most part, it appears the organs of my car are okay. It is driveable. I seem to be leaking a decent amount of coolent, so it might be a radiator issue, or just a coolent tank issue (PLEASE be the later). This is the second most important thing. As my parents say (everytime I eff up my car) "You're okay, that's the most important thing". And I'm fine. A little bit shocked, but physically, everything's a-okay. I'm not even sore. So, that tells you about how fast I was going. Comestically, oh, my truck's hurtin. But, that's really not THAT important. I mean, my like my truck and she's a classy dame, but she's getting older and I think she understands that it's okay to have a few little dings.

Kyle's dad just happens to be one of the best mechanics in the city. So, that's pretty convienent. Last week, my mom started hearing rattling when her car was in drive or reverse, so automatically, we assumed the transmission. I took for Kyle's dad to look at it, he drove it down the road and said, "That's wierd. It sounds like something's sitting on top of the exhaust system." WHO WOULD KNOW THAT!?! Especially after just driving it down the road. Turns out it was a dirt claud, thanks to my mom's AWESOME roads. But, the real point here is that he's been nicknamed the "car whisperer" and he'll be surveying the damage later today.

I kinda like the idea of just banging out the damage as good as I can and calling it good, since I really don't want to sell her anytime soon and Kenneth brought up the VERY good point of what happens if this happens again, as I'll be driving A LOT in places I don't know. I don't need to spend all this insurance deductable-money and time and hassle to just have to go through it again in a few months.

I guess I'll weigh all the options and see what makes sense. Either way, it's dollars that I was saving for Quebec. DID I MENTION I WAS LEAVING IN 9 FREAKING DAYS?!?! So, I'll be here for a while. I guess the good news is I'll be stepping into the BN show in July, doing a solo and filling in a spot for the finale. Nice, relaxing, performance time.

I'm trying to not get frustrated, trying to stay positive, look at all the options I have available to me. And I guess I should feel pretty lucky that I wasn't hurt and that it happened here, where I've got a fantastic network of people willing to help out. Kathy already offered me a car. I think she likes me.

But, still, this blows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm... sounds kinda like what I've been going through lately, but in a whole different sense... We deffinately need to have some B-E-E-R-S.